Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wine Maven? Hah!

The delicious wine in the blue bottle last night was Dr Beckermann's Auslese Rheinhessen and came from Trader Joe's for not much money (sorry Kate but it appears to be well below the Party Source's excellent standards). I looked it up when I got home and find that Robert Miller (a genuine wine maven) rates it somewhere between warm spit and swill. Personally, I liked it, and so did Diane and Adrienne, and I think we are much more discerning than Robert Miller. After all we are needle master and mistresses. I plan to lay in a couple cases as a hedge against alcohol deprivation. That, and Bunny and Vern's (that excelllent gene pool that produced our own dear Julie) receipt for gin/vodka martinis will see me through the remainder of my drinking days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home